Life insurance is a very important type of insurance policy, and enables us to provide our loved ones with valuable financial security in the event that we die unexpectedly.
Life insurance is designed to pay out a lump sum to the named beneficiary in the event that we die within the term of the policy (subject to exclusions and conditions), which gives our loved ones one less thing to worry about at an already stressful and upsetting time.
There are different types of life insurance available, and a choice of levels of cover depending on your needs and circumstances. The cost of life insurance can vary based on factors such as the level of cover taken, your age, your medical history, your gender, and your lifestyle.
There are certain factors that can really push up the cost of life insurance, and making some changes can help you to keep costs down considerably. There are a number of steps that you can take to try and keep life insurance premiums down:
- Give up smoking.
- If you are a smoker you will be classed as a high risk customer to a life insurance policy, as the chances of contracting a life threatening disease, such as cancer, are vastly increased. By gibing up smoking for at least twelve consecutive months you could enjoy a healthier lifestyle, save a fortune on the cost of cigarettes, increase your life expectancy, and reduce your life insurance premiums.
- Improve your diet and exercise.
- Anyone that is seriously overweight will also be classed as an increased risk to life insurance companies, as this is a condition that can bring with it a number of serious and potentially life threatening problems, such as increased risk of heart attacks. By making improvements to your diet and stepping up the exercise you could start enjoying a better lifestyle and you could reduce the cost of your life insurance premiums.
- Turning veggie could help!
- Although vegetarianism is not something that all life insurance companies take into account when setting your premiums, there is now life insurance available that offers reduced rates to those that are vegetarian or that eat only fish.
- Make sure you compare a number of policies.
- Cutting the cost of your insurance cover isn’t all about your personal circumstances and lifestyle. You also need to remember that the cost of cover can vary widely from one insurance provider to another, so make sure you take the time to compare a number of policies and see which one offers the best value for money.
- Choose the most affordable policy.
- The cost of your premiums will also vary based on the type and level of cover that you take. For instance, term life insurance cover will be cheaper than whole of life insurance cover. Select your policy based on the amount that you can afford to spend on premiums, but do be careful not to under insure, as you could otherwise end up paying premiums on something that your loved ones will not really benefit from ultimately.
The American Opportunity Tax Credit Guide
The American Opportunity Tax Credit (AOTC) is a valuable tax benefit for young adults pursuing higher education. The credit can be worth up to $2,500 per eligible student for the first four years of post-secondary education. If you’re currently in college or planning to go back to school, it’s important to understand how the AOTC…
Maximizing Your Tax Returns: A Guide for Young Adults
As a young adult, you may be just starting out in the workforce and learning the ins and outs of taxes for the first time. Preparing for taxes can seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. With a little bit of planning and knowledge, you can make sure you’re taking advantage of all the…
Tax Advantages Of A Limited Liability Company
There are several advantages to establishing a limited liability company and many of these compensations revolve around the tax advantages. A limited liability company if often sought as a third alternative to forming a corporation or a partnership. Many corporations are formed because they offer attractive limits on the personal liability that the business may…